Lockhart to La Grange

Beautiful day of riding with a few miles of terror due to 20 mph crosswinds on our right shoulder blowing bikes towards traffic. But really lovely otherwise. 

The bluebonnets are out!

Along with lots of other wildflowers.

And saw some longhorns.


We have seen a few steel-sided houses like this. I would love to see the inside.
Linda found a very nice yarn shop in LaGrange next to the Texas Quilt Museum. She bought some beautiful TX yarn.

Our caterer had pizza for snack at 4. A nice addition to our earlier stop at DQ.
She works a lot of magic out of a 20 foot trailer 



Comments

  1. I've been following you across the country every day, and it is bringing back great memories of my trip in 2019. You seem to be fighting the same wind problems we had then. Hang in there, you'll be fine. Glad to see that Anne is your chef. I heard she didn't do last year's trip, and the food wasn't so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hu Jim! It has beem challenging but probably makes us stronger. Anne is an amazing cook. We're fortunate to have her --- I'd go on any ride she caters!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I am so grateful for your advice re bringing a camp chair. It's the first thing I set up every day.

      Delete

Post a Comment